Capable of Transition
Key Skills: Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management.
A profound qualified technical, certified by OSHA & NEBOSH in HSSEQ fields with Master's Degree – University of Califor-nia Berkeley United States in PMP + Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering, Over 26 years & + full time work expe-rience 15 years & + in an advisory/Consulting position in plants, industrials, petrochemicals, refineries, petrochemical plants & most of constructions processes, plus 04 years & 08 months in Saudi Coast Guard. HSE Cooperative Business Consultant, HSSEQ Sr. Regional Manager/Deputy Project Director & Advisor. With an excellent record of accomplish-ments in driving key projects, possessing in-depth expertise in HSSEQ evaluations, consultancies, auditing HSE manage-ment, & project management program advisor. Excellent self-motivated and a genuine team player.
* Companies Served: Schlumberger, Amec Foster Wheeler, Halliburton, Fluor Daniel, SABIC, SAUDI ARAMCO, SIPCHEM, Dames & Moore “URS” (AECOM), Drake & Scull International (DSI), Yansab (Yanbu National Petrochemicals Co.), Saudi Kayan Petrochemical company, YANPET - Yanbu Petrochemical Company (SABIC).
* Language Skills: Arabic & English, Writing – Reading – Speaking.
Consulting, Consultation Programs, Management Consulting, General Construction management, Consulting and project management, CMIOSH - Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (UK).
• It is best to reach me by cell phone..., Ziyad Al Marwani +966 (0)56 7929 654 - Saudi Arabia or email:
email@example.com to get a Brief Summary of my Work Experience right away for review & perusal…
• In-depth knowledge of International HSSEQ & Saudi Legal HSSEQ Duties/Requirements.
• Review and approve the Model Prequalification Documents of Contractors, HSE documents, submittals, lay-outs/plans to verify their suitability, adequacy and conformance with project specifications and applicable safety standards Regulations based on OSHA, NFPA, NEMA.
• Liaise with local Regulatory Authorities such as local civil defense department on health and safety matters.
• Seeking a senior operational role in a dynamic organization, to contribute accrued expertise in charting a mutual growth path. Seeking opportunity to start a new career in management/construction/industrial engineering: op-eration, methodology, methods, and safety fields international standards … specially USA, (OSHA 1971: Occupa-tional Safety & Health Administration), I believe I would be a perfect fit for this position.
• NEBOSH1979: National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health STANDARDS.
• Safety First - Without Compromise.
• Safety standards & this is supported by an extensive training program.
• To obtain a position in a forwarding looking company/organization that rewards efforts, & demonstrate a high level of motivation to succeed/success.
• To retain & enhance my adopted knowledge from school, experience & explore different fields of works that will improve my career & help maintain company's interest.
• Secure responsible and challenging positions that use my diverse experience, skills, management ability and be reflex in a positive contribution to my prospective employer obtaining their goals.
• Provides required technical support for HSE studies, assessments and other applicable Safety Health & Environ-mental reviews.
• Participate & lead meetings as required with employers, consultants, contractors' client, Management, HSE pro-fessionals assigned to projects to advise them of specialized requirements that may affect project, construction schedule, & cost.
• Provide specialized safety input to engineering, construction, and contracts, thus ensuring that safety require-ments are properly integrated into project planning, design criteria, construction plans, specifications, & con-tracts.
• Perform duties on large-scale project in support of numerous stakeholders with varying degrees of sophistica-tion, multiple complexities; multinational work forces all centered on accelerated completion schedule de-mands.
• Actions to reduce HSE risk.
• Manage HSE audits of project to ensure that audits are completed on schedule & that resultant action plans are implemented.
1. Review and approve the Model Prequalification Documents of Contractors, HSE documents, submittals, lay-outs/plans to verify their suitability, adequacy and conformance with project specifications and applicable safety standards Regulations based on OSHA, NEBOSH, NFPA, NEMA.
2. Understanding of the technical issues fundamental to technical HSE consulting services within the Oil & Gas and Petrochemical
3. Facilitating workshop and conducting risk assessments.
4. Developing and coordinating production of HSE cases, producing project deliverables on time.
5. Managing and developing client’s requirements.
6. Performing HSEIA, maintain up to date knowledge of HSE standards, methods, data and use of appropriate software.
7. Excellent self-motivated and a genuine team player.
8. Communicate and coordinate with the Project Managers in the effective implementation of HSE Management Systems (HSEMS).
9. Establish HSE recognition & reward programs that may be established, & arrange the appropriate ceremonies to recognize the achievements.
10. Follow up safety standards with The General Directorate of Civil Defense Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
11. Supervising safety systems and ensuring compliance with local and international standards.
12. Issuing safety certificates for the occupancy of government buildings as per local and international safety standards.
13. Developing and executing health and safety plans in the workplace.
14. Preparing and enforcing policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
15. Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
2. Ensured timely preparation of quality plans for every project.
3. Assured all technical documents related to site quality control are prepared and documented as required by client & as per QHSE standards.
4. Reviewed the client’s specification and undertook relevant training to the QC Engineers, Inspectors on various technical aspect as required by client.
5. Reviewed scope of work document received by client and deputing QC resources as per site requirement.
6. Developed HSE plans that complied with company policies and procedures as well as client requirements.
7. Planned & provided support to project and execution team in all aspect of quality, safety, health and environment.
2. Review & approval of hazardous waste health & safety plans (Safety Work Plans "SWP").
3. Provide health & safety training in coordination with Head Office & Environment Representatives.
4. Conducting office & field audits to evaluate safety & health compliance.
5. Implementing Safety Management Standards within their assigned regions.
6. Enforcing Project Health & Safety Requirements on Employees & Subcontractors.
7. Reporting all non-conformities, accidents, & near-misses within 24 hours.
8. Ensure that Health & Safety Plans or Safety Work Plans for field activities are reported in accordance with cli-ent’s requirements.
9. Review Health Safety Strategy, & assist in an accident investigation.
10. Delivery the 8 hours hazwoper (Hazardous Waste Operations & Emergency Response).
11. Refresher training to Saudi employees & non- Saudis.
12. Train employees/staff on Health & Safety Policy(ies).
13. Direct and manage all types of excavations, staging loading of contaminated soil, assist in the evacuation of analytical data, preparation of field memos, daily reports, client correspondence, agency file reviews, and client interactions.
14. Auditing Environmental Management.
15. Environmental Impact Assessment.
2. Groundwater Vulnerability Assessment.
3. Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) a systematic assessment of the potential hazards associated with an industrial process.
4. Develop HSE guideline, manuals, procedures and relevant documents that meet OSHA requirements.
5. Conduct ISOO/ HSE audit for compliance and facilitate partnering with internal and external customers.
6. Supervise direct coordinate activities of maintenance, production, & general services.
7. Monitor facility management.
8. Plan, organize, coordinate & supervise plant services group activities to support identified plant needs during the shutdown period & perform detailed planning to ensure efficient use of manpower & equipment.
9. Identify, coordinate integrate preventive/predictive maintenance requirements with routine & other maintenance effort.
10. Ensure that all equipment/operating records are kept up to date in order to control & analyze activities of various equipment units.
11. Maintain a current listing to miscellaneous items are organized & maintained in an orderly & systematic manner.
12. Coordinate when appropriate request for plant services group support with production/other plant supervision.
13. Drill rig safety.
14. Provide Lab safety training regarding best practices in laboratory safety as well as safety manuals, teaching tools for teachers & laboratory managers.
15. In-depth knowledge of Saudi Legal HSE duties/requirements.
2. Provide QHSE inputs, estimates for QHSE equipment & facilities, man-hour estimates & staffing recommendations, as appropriate for pre-qualification & tender purpose.
3. Establish & maintain an appropriate QHSE International Standards.
4. Planning skills.
5. OHSAS: Occupational Health & Safety Management System, Occupational Health & Safety Assessment Series.
6. Process Safety Management, a regulation intended to prevent an incident.
7. Occupational Health & Safety Standard, Occupational Health & Safety Assessment Scheme.
8. Ensure compliance with all Saudi Arabian legal SMS, HSE responsibilities, and requirements.
9. Establishing a safety culture and management control regime for the achievement of a ZERO Accident HSE performance for the life of the Projects.
10. Development and Maintenance of Project specific HSE Policy, Goals & Targets, Management system, Plans and Procedures - includes liaison with civil partners, contractors and local authorities etc.
11. Control of Contractors for the scope of work - includes review and approvals of method statements and participation in coordination meetings.
12. Governance - Leadership of HSE standards and behaviors - Includes coordination of HSE committees & performing audits.
13. Reporting - Ensuring execution of HSE related reporting requirements - includes all investigations and HSE data management requirements.
14. HSE Performance - To establish and manage Project specific HSE KPIs in partnership with all Project Team.
15. To lead, guide and direct safety operations of company, develop safety operations plan, policies and processes, identify deploy safety equipment required, coordinate emergency accident operations, liaise with government agencies on matters related to safety and industrial accidents, monitor and coordinate accident investigations to ensure that there are minimal industrial accidents.
16. Reporting weekly, monthly, and requested statistics reports.
2. Provides leadership, supervision and direction for QHSE staff.
3. Design and maintain Performance Indicators for company related to QHSE and reports accordingly.
4. Leads Emergency Response Team at the time of an incident; if not present, may direct activities from mobile phone until arrival at the scene.
5. Provides direction to department heads on issues relating to quality, safety, hazardous materials and pollution control.
6. Act as a focal point with appropriate port authorities, Coast Guard, police, and civil defense authorities.
7. Evaluates potential risks to personnel or port and directs Department Heads.
8. Manage and conduct of investigations into accidents or other safety related incidents.
9. Ensure corrective action is taken as learning from incidents.
10. Conducts QHSE inspections of departments and operates a formal system to follow up on inspections.
11. Ensure that QHSE equipment is in good working order, tested and maintained regularly, and that repairs are made timely and appropriately.
12. Leads campaigns and efforts required in order to promote QHSE culture in the company.
13. Incentive and rewarding program.
14. Leads in an implementing Fatal Risk Standards.
15. Reduce lost time accidents, lost workday cases and near misses to an absolute minimum.
16. Delivering support and directions in new terminal implementations.
2. Ensure that compliance in an environmental issue is being fulfilled within all terminals.
3. Supervise Quality and Safety Management System is being adhered with by all departments.
4. Maintain up-to-date information and knowledge on new developments in the area of Safety, Health, Environment, and Loss Prevention. Seeks out best practices within the industry and internationally to ensure the continuous improvement within the organization.
5. Establishing Safety & Environment Management system for organization and ensures its compliance with OHSAS standard.
6. Reviewing operational process, techniques, equipment to determine preventive measures to reduce air water pollution, oil spillage, wastage of resources, disposal of hazardous chemicals etc.., within Project and ensure compliance with environmental standards is achieved.
7. Ensuring environmental and sustainability objectives are met in the context of the Policy, KPI’s and goals of corporate group Global Safety & Environment (GSE).
8. Liaising with internal stakeholders, regulators, consultants, customers (e.g., shipping lines), marine users, contractors and consultants, as necessary to ensure they are aware of their obligation in complying with environmental standards.
9. Provide leadership & direction to all project operations, including mobilization/demobilization of equipment/construction materials, site facilities, staffing, scheduling of in-house self-performed &/or subcontracted works.
10. Provide reports to the company Head Office.
11. Issue (construction) project ID’s card’s for new employees/staff/newcomers.
12. Issuing of vehicle sticker(s) to control and minimize increase number of vehicles on site.
13. Gate pass management system.
14. Review Contract/tendering documents to ensure a thorough understanding of contract requirements.
15. Resolve any contractual/legal matters or complications & assure appropriate action is taken.
16. Establish a proper document control system & ensure that the project well developed control systems.
17. Job Safety Analysis - JSA.
18. Support external auditors/assessors in carrying out Quality Audits and Assessments in THE COMPANY Requirements.
1. Providing security measures for ports/borders in order to reduce the risk & to mitigate an act that threaten the security of nation, personnel/lives, facilities, vessels, public property & the public.
2. Guarding Saudi Aramco and SABIC ships during loading crude oil at a loading dock berth/wharf.
3. The regulations draw together assets within port boundaries to provide a framework to communicate, identify risks, & coordinate resources to mitigate threats & consequences.
4. Ensure that the total port security posture is accurately assessed, & that security resources are appropriate to meet these programs.
5. Identifying critical assets within a port, develop a prioritized list of those most susceptible to acts of sabotage, & plan for adequate security measures to meet specific needs.
• Facilities are generally offshore fixed platforms in water depths ranging up to 1,000 feet deep, those primary purpose is the exploration, development &/or product of offshore petroleum reserves, include novel floating design such as:
1. Marine safety.
2. Marine security.
3. Marine environment protection.
4. Marine environment response.
5. Other law enforcement (foreign fishing).
6. Migrants/sneaking lawbreakers, or drug smugglers interdiction.
7. Increasing, smuggling, distribution drug(s) interdiction & preventive efforts by the Military & Coast Guard.
8. Defense readiness.
9. Counter drug law enforcement.
10. Living marine resources (domestic fisheries).
11. Marine stewardship.
12. Intensive security programs for loading or offloading gasoline, kerosene, naphtha, propane, coolant-hydrogen, crude oil & other many chemical products on ship's board or berth decks at port.
13. Guarding port main gates by enforcement if needed, & military ammunition, ships' quays, oilers, replenishment oilers or fleet tankers & tankers.