Expat Network is planning to produce a new Guide To Retiring Aboard and want to ensure that it reflects the real experiences and thoughts of those who have already made the move and those planning to enjoy their retirement abroad. We would appreciate your input on the issues that you think should be covered. We would be grateful for any help you can give us, including the following issues:
- Where have you retired/do you plan to retire?
- What do you love about your chosen retirement destination? Anything bad?
- What are/were the main motivations for your choice to retire abroad?
- What are/were your major concerns and questions that you needed guidance on when planning your retirement?
The knowledge and experience of those who have already retired abroad can be invaluable to those who are about to embark on the same journey or who cannot quite make up their mind. What’s it really like? Has it lived up to your expectations? Here are just a few questions, but any comments that you feel would be useful will help us to ensure that those planning their retirement get the right advice before they make the move:
- What have you learnt from moving there that you wish you had known before you made the move?
- Are there any specific tips you would give to people thinking about moving to your new location?
- How easy did you find it settling in to life in your new home country and were there any particular challenges?
- Are there any tips you can offer on buying/renting a house?
- Have you had any issues with accessing healthcare or have you been happy with the services available?
- Was there a lot of red tape that you had to get through when organising your move and settling in to your new country?
We would be happy to hear about your experiences and if you have any pictures that would be a bonus. Please send your responses to us at firstname.lastname@example.org